Wednesday, September 5, 2007

The Fall, Vancouver, My Birthday, etc

Gosh darnit. As we head into September here in Vancouver, it's evident that Fall is upon us. The weather has drastically changed from much of August which was warm and sunny, to what is best described as a bitter cold and bone aching, yet sunny day. It's still pretty damn decent though.

And of course, the trees which have already turned orange and red, look pretty damn awesome. Yet despite that, I miss Calgary's Fall's. Admittedly, it's even colder, but it's somehow more magical. More enjoyable as you know the next step to the weather pattern is white snow, rather than gray skies with a bunch of awful and continuous rain. Come to think of it, Vancouver as a whole, has already worn me out.

It's quite a tiring city. Nice landscapes and what-not, but it's overly busy, loud and annoying. This false "we are laid back" attitude, is such bullshit. Furthermore, the city's garbage men have been on strike for a total of 6 weeks! And frankly, I'm sick of our garbage pilling up in the backyard. Should you be familiar with British Columbia, such a strike probably won't be a surprise as that's why it's citizens do best. They strike and they strike until they get the money they think the deserve, but of course, do not really deserve. I fucking hate unions and make no mistake, British Columbia is the union capital of Canada.

Not to mention, there is no parking anywhere. Those asshole developers have bought up most every piece of free land for overpriced condo's and apartments. If you planning on going somewhere it's best to plan out where you'll be parking and in 'Couver, that could mean parking three blocks away from you're intended destination. And if it's raining, considering you're day ruined.

Anymore complaints? Yeah, a bloody boat load, but I'll save them for a later time.

*** In other news ***

My Birthday is this Sunday. Anyone want to schedule a meeting (even if extremely brief in nature) with either Kate Beckinsale and/or Sophia Bush for me? I would cherish the chance to meet either of these women whom I very much admire and have the utmost respect for.

There I go dreaming again..

No comments: