Monday, September 24, 2007

2:14 PM

Hell yeah! I'm listening to the Barenaked Ladies as of this moment and am loving every moment of it.

I've always loved these guys because they're innovative, unique, quirky and of course, Canadian. Their music is so entertaining. and I can never get enough of their lyrics. If you want a boat-load of metaphors and a meaningful message from someone here in the Great White North you'd be best to stay with Neil Peart, but if you want lyrics that are quirky, odd and above all else, fun, then the BNL are the guys to check out.


Allow me to share some of my favourite lyrics:

From "It's All Been Done"

"Alone and bored on a thirtieth-century night
Will I see you on The Price Is Right?
Will I cry? Will I smile?
As you run down the aisle?"


From "Be My Yoko Ono"

I know that when I say this,
I may be stepping on pins and needles;
But I don't like all these people
slagging her for breaking up the Beatles.
(Don't blame it on Yokey)
if I was John and you were Yoko,
I would gladly give up musical genius,
just to have you as my very own, personal Venus.
(Hit it)


From "One Week"

Chickity China the Chinese chicken
You have a drumstick and your brain stops tickin'
Watchin' X-Files with no lights on
We're dans la maison
I hope the Smoking Man's in this one
Like Harrison Ford I'm getting frantic
Like Sting I'm tantric
Like Snickers, guaranteed to satisfy


Meanwhile, I am proud to say that I've lost 2lbs over the last two weeks. I know that it doesn't sound like a whole lot, but it's pretty good considering this is a result of increased daily activity and a slight change in my daily food consumption. I've been eating a lot of pre-packaged subway sandwiches from Safeway over the last couple of weeks And not only are they reasonably priced, but they taste great.

Tonight shall be entertaining though. After a hiatus of junk food, I'm a gonna get some cookies... I'm already lusting for them.

Oh and btw, I finished watching the first season of Heroes earlier today. I don't want to say anything for those who haven't seen the finale of the first season, but whoa! Eagerly awaiting season two!

No comments: