Sunday, October 21, 2007

New Digi Camera

After a some two month absence of having an operational digital camera (see here), I finally scrapped together enough change to purchase a new one earlier today.

Admittedly though, the camera which I purchased - a Fuji Finepix A900 - is inferior to me old Kodak Z612. Not that I didn't know that when I purchased it though. Being more a "point & shoot" camera I knew it would lack the goodies of my Z612, but I didn't think I'd miss them as much as I do. You see, the Z612 was a full out camera - the type of camera you're more likely to see at a semi-professional photo shoot. Equipped with a 12x zoom, a host of colour options (from sepia to black and white) as well as automatic light sensors, motion detection and a night-mode beyond approach, it had most all of the bells and whistles one needed. Sure, it wasn't an "HDR"...but, tis was damn good enough. My new Fuji has none of that stuff - the picture quality is mediocre, the video mode is sub-par and the zoom is a mere 3x. Blah.

Well, at least I got to finally update my profile picture (in case you hadn't already noticed). Yes, I know... You're probably wondering why I never smile in my self-portraits... Well, I just don't. I'm not necessarily unhappy, just one who likes to be taken serious in front of a device which has made people look stupid for a century. Know what I'm saying? Probably not...

One thing I will say about that picture is that the 51lbs I lost over the past week is clearly evident. Been starving myself - which sounds overly harsh, but meh.

No comments: