Wednesday, October 31, 2007

So What About Yee?

The question at hand: what is yee? Yes, exactly!

Not the word "yee", but rather the subject matter of this post.

Well, would you look at that, Halloween is today. And thus means Christmas is quite honestly just around the corner... In any event, I've always loved Halloween, and when I was a youngster could think of few things as fun. The one night when as kids we could run around like hooligans, stay out at night and ultimately, eat as much candy as we bloody wanted. It truly makes me miss being 8 years old.

And trying to think back... I was once a dinosaur and I was once Batman, though that's all I can remember.

Though as much as I love Halloween, I admit to having not celebrated it for some time now. Truth be told, I just haven't the time to properly celebrate it. Which thus also means I haven't been to a proper Halloween party for in a long while... On the other hand, Halloween parties are kind of lame sauce; my friend Jeff probably said it best when he said: "Halloween is just an excuse for the girls to dress extremely slutty and not feel bad and for everyone to get drunk". That's hilarious because there's a great deal of truth in it.

Though even If I wasn't going to a Halloween party (ies), I wouldn't mind handing candy out to youngsters. Would be great fun, but unfortunately, I haven't any candy, nor the proper decorations for such a thing. Go and buy some you say? Nah, not this year; I'll have the blinds shut, the front door entrance light off and of course, the lights turned down. Will aim for next year though.

For those of you going to some sort Halloween party, or perhaps taking someone trick or treating, or even going yourself (assuming you're a youngin') - have a great time!

No comments: