Monday, April 23, 2007

Snakes & Arrows Drum Kit

Peart's new drum kit design and colours for the Snakes & Arrows tour are here! Looks awesome (as expected). Thinking back over Rush history, Peart has had many red kits before. All of the following tours have had red kits - Moving Pictures, Grace Under Pressure, Power Windows, Vapor Trails, Signals and Test For Echo.



Thanks to rushisaband.com for the above.

Red again?! I'm not complaining, remember Neil's absurd pink and gold kit from the Hold Your Fire tour?! =)


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

For those unfamilar with Neil Peart, his final drum kit will end up looking something like this (below, the 2004 R30 kit)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

And when his kit is complete, he can do this:

2 comments:

Polk said...

Man, you like Rush a lot.

I don't think I have ever even heard of them until I met you.

BruceMcc said...

Yep. I love Rush to death. In Canada, Rush is like a God. Whether you like them or not, most everybody here in the "Great White North" has heard of them.

You aren't the first person that I've met who wasn't familar with Rush until they met me. Honestly that always surprises me because Rush is currently fifth behind The Beatles, KISS, Aerosmith and The Rolling Stones for the most consecutive gold and platinum albums by a rock band. Some of the biggest radio hits are "Tom Sawyer" and "Closer to the Heart"

CTTH: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkvi_C_c4ks

They've been around for 33 years now (with Peart anyways), but the origins dip back to '68.