Thursday, April 12, 2007

Malignant Narcissism!

What the hell is that?

That my friends is the name of one of Rush's 2 mintue instrumentals (from Snakes & Arrows) which has leaked. Yes, that's right.

I've just listened to it, about twenty times. It is, excuse my language - f****ing incredible. The overall tone is hard rock, but the sounds have been individually marked out. It very much harks back to Rush's 1996's Test for Echo album. The drums are always frequent, Alex's guitar is hefty and deep and Geddy's bass is just amazing. I love it, I love it!

While Rush never stopped making great music (even with Vapor Trails) I'd say it's safe to say the boys have "returned". This blows Vapor Trails away and I have a feeling, just about every album back to Power Windows. When Alex said, "Snakes & Arrows is one of our best works, if not our best" - he wasn't joking.


Someone has put the clip on YouTube for everybody to enjoy. Mind you, quality isn't excellent (like everything else on YouTube)





May 1st cannot come soon enough!

No comments: