Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Rediscovering Loreena and Rushing

Yesterday, out of the blue - Loreena McKennitt popped into my mind. I used to listen to her quite frequently, but haven't heard any of her music for about five years. Today I decided to type her name in YouTube and see what I could bring up.

The Mummers' Dance was the first song I remembered.
I can't believe I haven't listened to her for so long. Her music is just beautiful. The celtic beat is utterly innovative and of course her voice is something heavenly.





Meanwhile Rush has released yet another sneak peek clip at "Snakes & Arrows". This time it's a 50 second clip of "Spindrift".

The guitar tone is very dark, similar to that of Time & Motion, but I also hear a little bit of - call me crazy - The Weapon.

Sounds pretty awesome. In fact the wait for May 1st has just gotten even longer.

If you'd like to listen to the clip, click here

No comments: