Friday, November 9, 2007

Out of the Blue

As I recently mentioned, I signed up with Facebook just a few weeks ago. Ahh yes, and the results were quite spectacular; not only did I get to reunite with many of my old friends, but I was even able to add a few of my GermanCarZone buddies. It really is a great site, but they're are some downsides - such as people who you don't want to talk (nor want to find) you, and then asking for a friend's invitation.

That happened to me a couple of nights ago. The person you ask? My mother.

Had you failed to notice, I've never brought up the subject of my mother. Never ever. The reason being because I haven't spoken to her since 2001 or 2002 and quite honestly, hadn't the intention to ever again.

To keep it short - my Mother bailed on me and my Father many times when I was just a wee-lad, and then left us some time in late '97 and then reunited with us back in '99 and then left us again. So, suffice to say, I don't think too highly of my Mother at all. And that's just a few of the terrors that once were!

Truth is, over the last 5-6 years she has only popped into my mind about three times. And yes, I'm serious. Her making contact after all of these years actually makes me uneasy. Though she lived with us through my childhood, I can honestly say that I do not know her as an individual. We don't have anything in common, let alone the son and Mother bondage which is naturally expected of most normal families. And I'm not being dramatic either. She left a mark upon me and my Father which needs little reminder.

Undoubtedly, my life hasn't been the most sorted thing over the last several years, but the last thing I needed was a reminder of the old days. Uggh... And just when I was getting my life back on track.

I have yet to accept her request...

No comments: