Saturday, November 10, 2007

More Music!

Being one who has a great deal of affection for music and is ultimately obssessed with it, I feel it nessecary to pick up new CD every two or so weeks. No qualms, I love music to no-end. So, growing my already exsisting collection is always a top piorioty for me. And in passing by "Future Shop" earlier today, I of course could not resist going in to pick up some new stuff.

I came out of there with two items:

Firstly: Blue Rodeo's 1995 album,
"Lost Together". Having yet to own any such recordings from BR and having always had a great appreciation for them, I thought this would be the time to start a collection in respect to this great Canadian band. Should you not already know - Blue Rodeo's music is essentially Country Rock. Well... I suppose that's the best description. They have a lot of music which is indeed Country Rock, but they have a great deal of music which fits into a genre of it's own.

In any event, I am more than glad that I finally picked up some Blue Rodeo stuff. Their music is undoubtedly top-notch. Most of their songs have an incredibly strange musical arrangement; the changes which they bring are unpredictable and exciting. The vocals are sweet, the guitars are imposing, the drums are superb and the bass guitar, is oh-so awesome. And I mean really awesome. Some of the best I've heard in a long while to be frank (excluding Rush that is...).

Secondly, I picked up "The Barenaked Ladies" recently released (on the 6th) concert DVD, "
Talk to the Hand: Live in Michigan". Got the opportunity to watch a bit of the DVD earlier today and naturally, it's awesome. The performance is spectacular - the guitars sound downright godly - and the boys are just hilarious. Honestly, this concert is as much as a comedy showcase as it is a music concert. In the short piece I watched, they had me both bursting with laughter and signing along to favourite tunes such as "If I had $1,000,000" and "Be My Yoko Ono"; the latter of which is performed acoustically with the addition of an accordion. And yes, it truly does sound great!

All in all, two purchases which I am very happy with!

And on a side-note - albeit related to my music affection - I ordered this white, Rush "Grace Under Pressure" Tour T-Shirt earlier last week. Should arrive on Tuesday. Can't wait!


No comments: