Tuesday, November 6, 2007

If I Can't Walk & Talk, I'm Fucked

Please take note: I thank Mike Clattenburg and the Trailer Park Boys crew for inspiration of what comes from what is arguably the greatest TPB episode ever: "If I can't Smoke & Swear, I'm Fucked".

Anyhoo, after a some three month hiatus from wearing proper shoes, I finally took the leap and purchased a new pair this past Sunday. Here's a picture:


They're made by WindRiver and boast the oh-so-original name of "Quad Comfort". They're damn good shoes though. As I'm more of a classical and conservative person, this style of shoe is exactly what I look for. I love the fact that they have an old school allure to them, and not that new age shiny bullshit look. And may I just take the time to relate that last comment to Ferrari (shiny rubbish) versus Porsche (conservative, tasteful) - give me the Porsche any day.

There is however, one problem with them thus far. And that happens to be the fact that they have not entirely broken in and are ripping my heals to shreds. Uggh... They're starting to break in now, but I've been walking around like a cripple - with the shoes on, of course - for the last three days.

In any event, I'm glad that I finally found a pair of shoes that I not only like, but actually fit! Purchasing a pair of new shoes has always been a terrible experience for me. The first reason being because even though my shoe size maybe 10 1/2, the width of my feet is just insane. Sure, they maybe the right length, but you wouldn't believe how many shoes I've rejected because of the width. The second reason being because of the absurd styles of footwear they peddle off these days. You know those trendy shoes which are extremely pointy and look more fitting on an Elf than a human being? Yeah, well... I hate those things.

No comments: