Wednesday, November 14, 2007

My Christmas Music

As I'm sure you're aware, they're are many who like to get into the Christmas spirit by listening to Christmas music; you know, such songs as "Deck the Halls", "Frosty the Snow Man", "The Twelve Days of Christmas", etc.

Not me though (no surprise, eh), I've always hated Christmas music. Though that's not to say that I haven't got my own type of Christmas music. For the last couple of years my Christmas spirit has always been fuelled by folks singers. They are my alternative to Christmas music, and around this time every year, I'm always listening to our great Canadian folk legends like Gordon Lightfoot and Valdy.

The two have such easy listening, but emotional inspired tunes. Lightfoot's a "Ballad of Yarmouth Castle" and "Pride of Man" are just brilliant, while Valdy's "Weather'd Hands" gives me real feel for Fisher men in Nova Scotia.
Whatever the two write about, it's always inspirational.

Valdy

No comments: