Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Bruce's Favourite Cars (pt. 1/3)

Being an automotive enthusiast and feeling that I have been somewhat neglecting automotive content through out my blog as of late, I thought this would be an interesting time to assemble a list of my favourite vehicles of all time - in this case I've come up with a list of fifteen. I am a very picky individual, so please note to make it on such a list, the particular vehicle in question truly has to be close to my heart. The vehicles which have made my short list are all very important to me. Not only because I like them and I view them to be perfection (for the what they are), but because they also note a specific era in my life.

This is only part one, but you can expect part two on Friday and part three on the following Monday.
===============

2005 Pagani Zonda F:


Why?

Reasons stated here


==================

2000 Honda S2000:


Why?

Shouldn't the reasons be obvious with my previous post about Port Orchard? I love everything about the first generation S2000 with a passion. The timeless styling, the well thought out and well styled interior, the brilliant chassis dynamics and of course, the awesome four cylinder engine.

==============

1997 Honda (Acura) NSX:


Why?

Did you get a chance to read through my article written on Autosavant.net about the NSX? If not, check here:

============

1996 Porsche 993 Turbo:


Why?

You know, no one (even myself) can deny the fact that with each evolution release of the 911 it has become a better car. Honestly, a direct comparison of the 993 generation Turbo versus a current generation 997, leaves the 993 looking a little like a dinosaur. I couldn't care though, because in my eyes the 993 was the last real 911. Not to implicate later generations of not being "real" 911's, but the 993 has an individual character which quite simply, later versions cannot match. Those specific character traits being things such as a tank-proof exterior body metal with tight fitting joints and whatnot, an awkward and overly upright driving position and lastly, the raspy and exciting sound of a water-cooled boxer six cylinder.

=====================

1997 Lotus Esprit V8 Turbo:


Why?

The forgotten British supercar gets short listed because as far as I recall, it was my first major obsession with a car and one that remained for a long time. Even today, I find myself captivated by the exterior styling, the interior, the engine and the vehicle's general philosophy.

Part two coming on Friday!

No comments: