Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Chris Benoit's Death

As wrestling fans will already be aware - legendary Canadian wrestler Chris Benoit and his family were found dead in Atlanta Georgia in what they are calling a murder-suicide.

I've never mentioned it on my Blog before, but truth be told - I used to be a huge wrestling fan. I stopped watching it about five years ago, but the recent news of Mr. Benoit strikes a small pin within my heart. I know what he did to his family (assuming he did in fact kill them..) was horrendous and cowardly, but I'll still miss him.

There were always a handful of wrestlers which I thought were ultra cool and as I'm sure you've already guessed, Benoit was one of them. Ironically, another favourite wrestler of mine, Eddie Guerrero - passed away last year.

Without a doubt, he was one of the most entertaining guys in the professional wrestling industry.

1967-2007

No comments: