Friday, June 8, 2007

Bruce's Favourite Cars (pt. 2/3)

1998 Lexus SC400:

Why?

The Lexus SC400 is one of those vehicles which is very special to my heart as my father bought a 1994 model, back in '97. I cannot even display my real appreciation for Lexus' luxury coupe, but to say the least - it was an amazing car, far ahead of it's time.

==================

2000 BMW Z8:


Why?

Often is my BMW enthusiasm dismissed as I truly don't admire any of the current models, but truth be told, I used to be a huge BMW fan. In fact, BMW not only used to be my favourite German manufacturer, but my favourite European manufacturer. With the release of the current generation BMW's I lost interest in the company, but don't be deceived, my appreciation for the Z8 is still very strong to this day. While considered a failure by most - in my mind it remains as the best modern-day BMW built.

=====================

2005 Porsche Carrera GT:


Why?

The Carrera GT is one of those vehicles which truly was 'love at first sight'. I loved it from day one and when I got a chance to see one in the flesh (at a car show), I completely ignored every other car at the show and spent a total of an hour and a half staring at it (not all at once of course - split over a day). I could not get enough of it and as a result I went back to the car show the next day.

====================

1995 BMW 850CSi:


Why?

Truthfully, the 8-series BMW was never one of the best cars ever built. Especially when it came to reliability, where it was surely worse than terrible. Still though, that doesn't damp my enthusiasm for this vehicle at all.

====================

1995 Lexus LS400:


Why?

While I'll openly admit the '94 model was slightly better as an overall vehicle (and one that my father happened to own), I have greater affection for the 1995 because of its slightly reworked styling. Not only is a classic among Japanese vehicles, but it's a classic among the automotive world. Few vehicles have overall engineering (build quality, reliability, transmission smoothness, sound isolation, etc) like it!

Part three (and the final one) arriving on Monday!


No comments: