Monday, June 11, 2007

Bruce's Favourite Cars (pt. 3/3)

The follow up and conclusion.

====================

1995 Acura Legend LS Coupe:

Why?

Automotive enthusiasts will immediately note that the Acura Legend is the only FWD vehicle within the fifteen I have chosen. All in all, quite an amazing vehicle for it's time and one that still excites me to this day. Although It should be noted, it's on my list for more than just boasting an attractive design. I have much experience with the Legend and enjoyed every minute of it.

=================

1999 Mercedes-Benz C43 AMG:

Why?

I can't tell you how many times I've told this story, but here it goes again: My father test drove the exact C43 AMG which was used in the film 'Romeo Must Die'. At the time, that particular C43 AMG was a serious purchase consideration for my father, but in the end he bought a '98 Lexus GS400. Anyhow, I honestly didn't have much appreciation for the C43 AMG at the time (as I wasn't a Mercedes fan), but now a days I simply love everything about this car. What could be cooler than a 302bhp V8 shoved in a simple and attractive design? A design with little to give away the true potential of the vehicle - AKA, "a sleeper".

=================

2006 Wiesmann MF4 GT:


Why?

When I first learned of the MF4 (last year), I was quite simply blown away by it. Not only because it boasted an attractive design, a unique interior and an excellent BMW engine, but because of the numerous reviews praising it for it's usability (and the first thing that came to my mind was the Honda NSX). Furthermore it's produced by a company which honestly believes in values, integrity and craftsmanship.

=================

2000 BMW E39 M5:


Why?

What about the new M5 you ask? Pfft.. I don't care how good the E60 M5 is, the E39 M5 is simply unmatchable in my eyes. I can't even express how much love I had for this vehicle during it's time of production, but to say the least, it was my favourite saloon for the longest of time.

============

2002 Lamborghini Murciélago:



Why?

Before the Porsche Carrera GT was released, and before I knew of the Pagani Zonda's existence, there was the Murciélago. Never had I been so excited about a newly released vehicle and I still have the Road & Track magazine that I bought in '02, which happened to feature the Murciélago's very first performance test in North America. I must have read that article nearly everyday for two weeks and after that, I proceeded to stare at the photos for another two weeks...

Other greats which missed out: '01 Audi S8, '01 Mercedes-Benz SL55 AMG, Ascari KZ1, '05 TVR Sagaris, '98 Lexus GS400, '04 Porsche 996 GT2

So there you have it, those are my fifteen favourite vehicles of all time and you know what? All of these vehicles share on thing in common - I didn't have to learn to like them, they were all love at first sight.


No comments: