Wednesday, May 30, 2007

"V For Vendetta"

I just saw "V For Vendetta" last Friday and I have one word to describe my feelings for it: awesome (and brilliant and amazing).

My first watch of this film has already secured it a spot on my favourite movie list and let me tell you, that doesn't happen very often. To be honest, I wasn't sure what to expect with this movie - in fact I didn't have a clue what It was about. Not a clue. The only thing I knew was that Natalie Portman was in it.

Anyhow, I decided to watch it and it turned out be exactly my type of movie. I've got admit to having a soft spot for movie subjects which display narcissism and anarachy. The whole message of a goverment feeding the public lies to enpower a new regime and essentially "feeding them fear" is a topic which is very relevant. We all have our different views, but this is what I believe a current admistration is doing. Actually I think they've been doing it for years, but anyhow...I was throughly impressed on how this story was put together and it's symbolic meaning.

Unlike most of today's movies, this falls short of being one-sided, meaningless, money making trash.


But what is such a movie? Well the categories I saw it put under where "action and "drama". The fact that the "anarchist" wears a Shakesphere mask certainly adds to the drama effect, but it's more than that. The way in which the lines are spoken and written and the way the story plays out begs "threatre play".

The acting of this this movie is also very, very good (if not brilliant). I hadn't seen Natalie Portman in many other movies, but wow! Her acting was just superb (as with the rest of the cast). The fact that Ms. Portman is not of British decent, but displays a perfect accent is unbelievable.

Excellent script, scenes, acting, actors, story, music score, etc. It's a clear ten out of ten in my eyes.

No comments: