Monday, July 9, 2007

Favourite Actress'

Is this the moment in my post when actual acting ability is thrown out and/or over looked for the sake of attractive beauty? No! I admit, some of the actress' listed below I have an attraction to, but I wouldn't steep as low to choose my favourite actress' based on looks alone.

So..pipe off!

Julianne Moore

While I'll admit Mrs. Moore has been in her share mediocre films, that truth is that she rarely fails to shine. She comes off as a solid, well adaptable actress with an impressive movie catalog. Film highlights include: 'Children of Men'; 'The Hours'; 'The Shipping News', 'Hannibal', etc.

Kate Beckinsale

What does John Travolta say in Pulp Fiction? "This is a moral test of oneself testing loyalty of.."

Yeah.. that works.

On a more serious note, I fully believe Mrs. Beckinsale has ability to be an excellent actress. Frankly and as I've stated
once before, she hasn't really gotten the opportunity to show her absolute best. Having said that, she's certainly not a bad actress - some of the films she's already headlined (such as 'Serendipity', 'TipToes' and 'Vacancy') have showboated her already impressive acting abilities.

Kate Winslet

I wasn't too fond of Kate Winslet after I saw Titanic, but when I got a chance to see her play the role of 'Bistey Bloom' in 'The Life of David Gale', I was throughly impressed. After I saw 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind', - I was blown away.

Jennifer Connelly

Performances in such films as 'Requiem For A Dream'; 'Pollock'; 'A Beautiful Mind'; 'Blood Diamond' and 'The House of Sand & Fog' require she is on my list. Jen is a top notch actress!

Rachel Weisz

According to
IMDB, she was a 'radical feminist' though out University. Lol.. Anyways, she is indeed one of my favourite actress' because.. she's just great. Not to mention, just like Beckinsale and Winslet, she can pull off an impeccable American accent.

Scarlett Johansson

Let me say it simple by saying: I could not believe 'Lost in Translation' was more or less, her film debut. She's everything a talented actress should be!

Judi Dench

She's just great. Period.

Cate Blanchett

See above reasons


No comments: