Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Favourite Actors

What do you call an actor who doesn't have to act to give an amazing acting performance? What I'm talking about is those particular individuals who don't have to put much thought into portraying a character - hence, every character they play comes off natural.

I don't think I can even explain it.. All I can say is that a few of my favourite actors have this unique trait.

George Clooney

Mr. Clooney is one of those actors that I spoke of above. The perfect example of his natural acting is in a film like 'Ocean's Thirteen' where he portrays the character of Danny Ocean - who in his self, is cool, casual and hilarious. Yet again, I struggle to explain what I'm trying to say, but hopefully it's somewhat obvious.

Of course, George Clooney has the ability to sparkle in many more roles than just the 'Danny Ocean' and that's evident by characters like: 'Billy Tyne' (Perfect Storm); 'Bob Barnes' (Syriana) and last but not least, 'Major Archie Gates' (Three Kings).

Clooney is just cool.

Brad Pitt

Mr. Pitt happens to be another actor who truthfully comes off like a natural. He doesn't take shitty roles either - well ok, Mr & Mrs. Smith.. but other than that plonker, he has consistently stars in fantastic films where he's always gives a superb acting performance.

Matt Damon

Ever seen the 'The Bourne Identity' or 'The Bourne Supremacy?' Better yet, have you seen 'Good Will Hunting'? What an actor! Always on top of his game.

Bruce Willis

Here's another guy who plays the "casual cool-cat" role, and damn well at that. Notable character roles include: 'Mr. Goodkat' of 'Lucky Number Slevin'; 'David Dunn' of 'Unbreakable' and the absolute best (IMO), 'Butch Coolidge' of 'Pulp Fiction'.

Robin Williams

Most always playing a depressing role, but nevertheless, he's a superb actor who I feel is always playing a believable part.

Ben Kingsley

One movie: 'House of Sand & Fog'. Here's a guy who never fails to impress.

Morgan Freeman

Ever seen 'The Shawshank Redemption'?

Tim Robbins

Ever seen 'The Shawshank Redemption'?

Kevin Spacey

I'd strongly consider Mr. Spacey as my favourite actor of all time. Thanks to his amazing versatility and integrity as an actor, he can easily adapt to any role he is hired for. His performance in the following movies were nothing short of miraculous: 'American Beauty'(for which he won an Oscar for Best Actor in a Leading Role); 'The Life of David Gale'; 'K-PAX'; 'Se7en'; 'The Usual Suspects'(for which he won an Oscar for Best Actor in a supporting Role) and my personal favourite, 'The Shipping News'.

Anthony Hopkins

Mr. Hopkins is an actor which I have great respect for. Not only because he's very talented, but because he refuses to star in shitty films. In an interview conducted in mid 2006 (for the release of 'The World's Fastest Indian'), Hopkins stated that he refused to star in pointless (aka - rubbish) films.

Christopher Walken

Is there anyone as hilarious?

---------------

There you have my favourite actors. If you're interested as to who my favourite actress' are, I suggest you stay tuned. That particular post will arrive on the upcoming Monday.

No comments: