Saturday, February 2, 2008

Reminiscing about the Past

Ehem -

Tonight is just one of those nights when I feel like reminiscing about the Past. Whatever the reason may be, I'm feeling a slight shade of deja vu. And though I feel as I've felt this state of mind once before, I honestly cannot say what has brought it on. It's just one of those odd things.

Having endured a some seven year spree of bad luck - which has thankfully now ended - I can't believe how much has been wasted. It's just absolutely amazing considering that it all happened in a blink of an eye; in many ways, time truly has passed me by. It's liked I missed the "Year 2000 bus to the world of life continuation and progress". I missed the bus, and the end result was epic failure.

I missed out on so many things it's not even traceable. Particularly on things just naturally expected of teenagers growing into adults.

And what experiences I've been through. I've been through stuff most kids - hell, adults - should never have to experience. But now, here we are: year 2008. An absurd seven years since I first dropped into the abyss. It has all ended now, but where did it all go?

Don't get me wrong, I've been feeling better as of late, but where did my childhood go? Must I grow up so fast?

No comments: